Saturday 2 January 2010

experimental/creative cooking

I am currently working on a new form of storyboarding. I wanted to document all the scenarios that a person faces when they have a back impairment. The one thing that became apparent to me is how creative I have become in my solutions to the issues that I have faced.

For example to get my hair washed I have to rope in someone to help but there is also the small matter of moving and cleaning a toilet frame and folding chair to lie on let alone the 3 towels ! I have decided to demonstrate this in a recipe format. I feel this reflects the need for combining loads if different methods and equipment while also be able to inject in some humour.

With reference to the crutch I have still struggled to find a solution but and now looking to focus on finding help with prototyping of the product and my concepts. So if anyone knows of any other contacts who would be willing to get involved let me know.

2 comments:

The Wildwood said...

oh my dear you just answered my question to you earlier in the day about the crutches....you are still on them. I hate that for you sweetie.
Love ya! Karen

insights-and-aspirations said...

thanks for the support sweetie, working my way onto walking sticks now (which is many ways is harder to deal with). When i have my crutches i look like any young active person who's maybe broken a foot or something however the walking sticks are just so aging. Its daft that something so small of a change in appearance can have such a huge difference in peoples attitudes =S xxx