Monday 26 April 2010

Quality of Life/Fixings

This has been a particular issue for me personally. I have found it incredibly infuriating the need to rely so much on others for everyday tasks. This has also been compounded by further frustrations over the current fixings of many back braces. By this I mean the love of Velcro, which although is useful and ideal in terms of adjustability I have found simply just not reliable enough!

I have had to have the Velcro straps on my brace replaced twice now and have now resorted to adding extra bits of Velcro and padding to try and extend the life of the ones I am currently wearing. However I also had an ulterior motive in my behaviour by adding these sections almost like a back up system. This is something which is not very reassuring when you rely so much on a back brace for support and your safety. As a result this area looked to address any areas which have an impact on quality of life issues such as independence but also looked the ease of getting the product on and off as well as utilising various different forms of fixings to develop a more reliable product

No comments: