Wednesday 19 May 2010

Mannequin Me !

I have been experiencing a number of problems using the traditional mannequins for moulding the plastic panels. To overcome these issues I combined my work using the 3D body scanner and the CNC machine to manufacture my very own mannequin….of me!

This allows for a lot more accuracy when it comes to the shaping of the panels and also provides a very good visual platform on which to display the final product. By doing this process it also allows me to get a good idea of the forms I am designing for and can be a lot easier to see possible problematic issues when moulding the panels which may not be identified when on a less realistic form or when being worn and physically tested.

By having this mannequin it allows you to physically step back as not only a designer but also a patient. A combination of being able to wear the product as well as see it on another form is ideal. This is because they pick up on different areas of the design and by being able to perceive in on another form allows to see it from societies perspective

No comments: