Wednesday 31 March 2010

Concepts






I have been working away developing my concepts so here are a few scans and snippets to show the progressions I have taken.

Most of the concepts evolve around 3 key areas. These were:

*Corsetry
*Panelling
*QoL(quality of life)/fixings

The corsetry influence was looking at what was already socially acceptable in current social society for the age group I am focusing on. Corsets are often seen as a desirable object to wear for 16-25 yr old females, which is something which I would like to transfer to the medical back brace.

Just as crutches are deemed more acceptable and ‘cool’ than two walking sticks. This negative back lash can act as a deterrent to the patient to use the product, this can result in the patient rejecting the product and so putting their rehabilitation/recovery at risk. I want to try and install this acceptable youth culture onto other rehabilitation products to address social stigma’s and encourage the patient to embrace their situation and use the product.

No comments: