Wednesday 3 March 2010

I've lost my Doris !

Doris my beautiful manequin who has been very kindly working with me has been taken back by her original owners.

She has been helping me make 3d visual concepts with paper and masking tape so that I could visualise and communicate my ideas and concepts more efficiently. This process is also a very good way of understanding how shapes need to be alterned when transfered from a 2d sketch to a 3d object. I have also been using her almost like a 3d skecthbook by spitballing ideas and playng with new shapes directly onto her figure so she will be sadly missed as we had built up a good working relationship.

The hunt now begins to find her replacement as soon as possible so that I can continue my work, so if anyone knows where i could find a female torso manequine please let me know !

1 comment:

The Wildwood said...

Ha Ha Ha Ha
Remember Margaret screaming out where is Doris when we were in the hospital?
That made me think of that my dear wee friend! It bothered me when we were in the hospital because that is my mothers name! Miss you Hope you find a new Doris soon!